Feeding Directions Description:
Accuration® Block is scientifically formulated to be fed free-choice to mature beef cows, sheep and goats along with forage.
1. Consumption of Accuration® Block should be approximately 1.5-2.5 pounds per head per day for cattle and 0.5 to 1.0 pound per head per day for sheep and goats depending on quality and quantity of forage.
2. Provide one 500 pound block for each 20 to 25 head of cattle or 50 to 75 head of sheep/goats, one 200 or 250 pound block for each 10 to 15 head of cattle or 25 to 40 head of sheep/goats.
3. Several weeks prior to, and during feeding of Accuration® Block, provide a good quality mineral supplement that contains phosphorus.
4. Adequate forage should be provided at all times.
5. Prior to introducing Accuration® Blocks, animals should be accustomed to high forage diets.
6. Do not offer Accuration® Blocks in fields where crops are grown that are known to contain high levels of urease enzyme such as soybeans or in conjunction with other NPN containing feeds.
7. Accuration® Blocks in boxes should be fed in the base of the box on well-drained ground.
8. Feed Accuration® Blocks near the area where animals loaf and/or a water source.
9. In large pastures, Accuration® Blocks should be available in more than one location.
10. If animals run out of blocks, observe them closely for three days to prevent overconsumption after refeeding.
11. Provide an unlimited supply of clean fresh water.
Consumption of Accuration® Block will vary depending on quality of forage, quantity of forage, condition of cattle, sheep or goats,previous feeding programs, and Accuration® Block feeding location. Animals may need to adapt to Accuration® Block before the correct consumption is reached. If consumption is low, examine forage quality and the block feeding location. If consumption is higher than desired the quantity/quality of forage may need to be increased, the blocks can be placed further away from the loafing or watering area, and/or reduce the number of blocks available to animals.