Purina Accuration Block
Purina Accuration Block is a premium, weather-resistant, protein block with fat, vitamins and minerals added that is designed to balance nutrient deficiencies in fair quality forages such as native or improved grass hay or poor quality forages such as dormant grasses or crop residues.
An Intake Modifying Technology product.
Stop into Old Mill Country Store with two locations in Ellensburg, Washington and Yakima, Washington for your supply of cattle feed and supplements. Have questions? Be sure to contact us and a member of our helpful staff will guide you towards the best feed and supplies for your livestock.
Available in block or tub form
No need for special feeders or shelters. Convenient to feed. Feeding location can be varied to encourage more uniform consumption of the available forage.
Contains 5% fat
Higher energy level supports improvement in animal performance.
Designed for self-feeding
Utilizes proprietary Intake Modifying Technology® that results in controlled consumption of multiple meals of supplement per day.
Accuration® Block is scientifically formulated to be fed free-choice to mature beef cows, sheep and goats along with forage.
1. Consumption of Accuration® Block should be approximately 1.5-2.5 pounds per head per day for cattle and 0.5 to 1.0 pound per head per day for sheep and goats depending on quality and quantity of forage.
2. Provide one 500 pound block for each 20 to 25 head of cattle or 50 to 75 head of sheep/goats, one 200 or 250 pound block for each 10 to 15 head of cattle or 25 to 40 head of sheep/goats.
3. Several weeks prior to, and during feeding of Accuration® Block, provide a good quality mineral supplement that contains phosphorus.
4. Adequate forage should be provided at all times.
5. Prior to introducing Accuration® Blocks, animals should be accustomed to high forage diets.
6. Do not offer Accuration® Blocks in fields where crops are grown that are known to contain high levels of urease enzyme such as soybeans or in conjunction with other NPN containing feeds.
7. Accuration® Blocks in boxes should be fed in the base of the box on well-drained ground.
8. Feed Accuration® Blocks near the area where animals loaf and/or a water source.
9. In large pastures, Accuration® Blocks should be available in more than one location.
10. If animals run out of blocks, observe them closely for three days to prevent overconsumption after refeeding.
11. Provide an unlimited supply of clean fresh water.