Purina Amplify High-Fat Supplement
Purina Amplify High-Fat Supplement is a high-fat, controlled starch nugget for weight gain, performance, shine and bloom.
Formulated for horses that need extra calories from fat for weight gain, conditioning, competition, showing and sales preparation. Also appropriate for stallions and gestating and lactating mares.
For best horse feeding results
- Begin with 1 pound per day feeding rate; gradually increase by 0.5 pound/day every two days until the desired feeding rates are achieved.
- Maximum feeding rate for most horses should be 4 pounds of Amplify® High-Fat Supplement per day.
- Changes in feeding programs should be made gradually over a period of 10 to 14 days.
- Begin feeding 60 days prior to competition, sale, show or breeding season.
- Horses have varying acceptance of higher-fat diets and supplements, and as the fat level in the diet is increased, some horses may begin to show diminished intake. If that occurs, reduce the feeding rate or try blending Amplify® High-Fat Supplement with a small amount of sweet feed.
- If your horse is sensitive to dietary soluble carbohydrates, please consult with a veterinarian or nutritionist for a recommended diet.
- Adequate forage is necessary to maintain normal digestive function in the horse.
- Provide a minimum of 1 lb. per 100 lbs. body weight per day of hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Prevent the rapid eating of any feedstuffs by the horse.
- Observe your horse’s condition daily and consult your veterinarian immediately if any problems arise.
- Amplify® High-Fat Supplement is to be used as a supplement. Amplify® High-Fat Supplement is not to be used as an ingredient in manufacturing feed.
Follow label directions. Feeding added selenium at levels in excess of 0.3 ppm in the total diet is prohibited. When fed as recommended, Amplify® High-Fat Supplement will provide no more than 0.3 ppm selenium to the total diet. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed as it may cause illness or death. This product was made in a feed manufacturing facility that does not handle or store products containing animal proteins prohibited in ruminant feed.