Purina Layena Plus Omega-3
Purina Layena Plus Omega-3 feed includes all 38 nutrients hens need with added omega-3. With Omega-3 feed, hens can produce eggs with more omega-3 fatty acids than store-bought eggs.
Purina Layena Plus Omega-3 pellets are a complete feed for laying hens 18 weeks and older to support optimal hen health and consistent egg production with added omega-3 fatty acids. Purina® Layena®+ Omega-3 includes the Oyster Strong® System for strong shells.
Purina® Oyster Strong® System with oyster shell provides another source of calcium when the hens need it most. Oyster shell is a larger particle size than limestone. This means that oyster shell will stay in the digestive tract longer and will provide a source of calcium for egg shell production over a longer period of time than smaller particle sources of calcium. This is especially important at night when egg shell formation is rapidly occurring and dietary sources of calcium are limited because the bird is not eating.
Stop into Old Mill Country Store for your supply of Purina Layena Plus Omega-3. Old Mill Country Store has two locations in Yakima and Ellensburg, Washington for your convenience. Have questions? Be sure to contact us and a helpful member of our staff will help you find the best poultry products for your backyard flock.
|Formulated to produce 250mg Omega-3 per large egg||More Omega-3 in your diet|
|Vegetarian formula without added antibiotics or hormones||Peace-of-mind – feed your birds like you feed your family|
|Superior Nutrition||Strong healthy birds lay plenty of wholesome eggs|
Caution: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.
FREE FROM ADDED ANIMAL PROTEINS OR ANIMAL FATS. Contact your local manufacturing plant for a current feed tag. Quality Controlled by Purina Mills® Research
|Crude Protein, not less than||16.0%|
|Lysine, not less than||0.70%|
|Methionine, not less than||0.30%|
|Crude Fat, not less than||3.25%|
|Crude Fiber, not more than||6.0%|
|Calcium, not less than||3.60%|
|Calcium, not more than||4.60%|
|Phosphorus, not less than||0.59%|
|Salt (NaCl), not less than||0.20%|
|Salt (NaCl), not more than||0.70%|
|Sodium (Na), not less than||0.10%|
|Sodium (Na), not more than||0.60%|
|Manganese, not less than||160 ppm|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids, not less than||1.10%|
|Ash, not more than||14.50%|
Feed Form: Pellets How and When to Feed:
- Feed Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and show and ornamentals) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets are best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets can be fed to both adult male and female chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.