Omolene #100 Active Pleasure Horse Feed
Purina Omolene #100 Performance Horse Feed is now formulated with Outlast Gastric Support Supplement. When there’s greatness on the inside, it shows on the outside.
It took over 100 years of industry-leading research and innovation to build today’s Purina Omolene horse feed lineup. We started with naturally nutritious high-quality whole grains packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients and prebiotic fibers. From there, countless nutrition studies and feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center led to scientific breakthroughs. As a result, our formulas remain on the cutting-edge of equine nutrition and performance.
Omolene feeds are built to help solve your toughest nutritional challenges. From fueling intense competitive performance and support for your horse’s gastric health to nourishing the growth of the next generation of equine athletes… Purina Omolene #100 Active Pleasure horse feed is here for you and your horse.
Omolene #100 Performance Horse Feed is formulated for mature horses that enjoy an average amount of pleasure riding or light work.
Stop into Old Mill Store with two locations in Ellensburg and Yakima, Washington for your supply of Omolene #100 Active Pleasure Horse Feed today. Be sure to contact us with any questions you may have about your equine feed program. For more information on Purina equine products, browse their website here.
|Natural Whole Grains||
Added Vegetable Oils
Omolene #100® Active Pleasure Horse Feed
Feeding Directions with Hay or Pasture
Start with the amounts given for the weight of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or
decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight. More specific recommendations may also be obtained from a Purina®
Horse Feed sales representative. Please consult the tag sewn onto this bag for complete feeding recommendations.
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture* (lbs/day)||7.00||9.50||12.00||14.50||17.00|
|Omolene #100® Horse Feed (lbs/day)|
|Omolene #100 Horse Feed - Average Activity Level**||2.25||3.00||3.50||4.25||5.00|
|Omolene #100 Horse Feed - Elevated Activity Level**||2.75||3.75||4.50||5.25||6.25|
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Omolene #100® Horse Feed
by 1.0 lb for every additional 2.0 lbs of hay fed. EXAMPLE: Using the chart above, if feeding 14 lbs instead of 12 lbs of hay to a 1,000 lb
elevated activity level horse, reduce Omolene #100® Horse Feed offered by 1.0 lb from 4.5 to 3.5 lbs per day (2.0 lbs of additional hay
divided by 2.0 lbs = 1.0 lb less of Omolene #100® Horse Feed).
**Do not feed less than 0.3 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day. EXAMPLE: A 1,000 lb horse has ten 100 lb increments (1,000 divided
by 100 = 10). So for this horse, do not feed less than 3 lbs per day (10 x 0.3 = 3.0 lbs per day). If your horse gains too much weight at that
minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Omolene #100® Horse Feed with Purina’s Nature’s Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich 32®
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program