Purina Race Ready Horse Feed
ENERGY DEMANDS in the racehorse are extremely high, so the delivery of additional calories becomes paramount. This additional digestible energy must be provided in a manner that maximizes performance while helping to maintain digestive tract health and function. That’s where Purina Race Ready Horse Feed comes in.
Race Ready is designed to deliver a large amount of energy to these hard-working athletes, while addressing digestive tract concerns by distributing the calories over several sources (vegetable oils, digestible fiber such as beet pulp, high quality natural grains and molasses). Research has shown that the utilization of vegetable oils and highly fermentable fibers, such as beet pulp, can be of benefit to the hardworking equine athlete.
CONTAINS THE PROPRIETARY PURINA® AMPLIFY® HIGH FAT NUGGET
Thanks to extensive research and field testing, Purina has learned how certain nutritional advantages can help horses be highly active and productive during their lifetimes, even with the added stress of training regimens and performance expectations.
The Purina® Amplify® Nugget is a palatable, high-fat, extruded particle providing calories for weight gain, performance, lactation and sales prep in a nutritionally balanced formulation that has controlled carbohydrate levels.
This proprietary feed supplement can be found only in Purina® Horse Feeds including Race Ready® Horse Feed.
Stop into Old Mill Store with two locations in Ellensburg and Yakima, Washington for your supply of Purina Race Ready Horse Feed today. Be sure to contact us with any questions you may have about your equine feed program. For more information on Purina equine products, browse their website here.
|Multiple Energy Sources||
|Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget||
|Vitamin & Mineral Fortification||
Feeding Directions Start with the amounts given for the weight and class of horse. After observing the horse, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to maintain the desired body condition. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse. Always feed a minimum of 1% of body weight of good quality, clean hay or pasture. Salt should always be fed free-choice to all horses.
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Performance & Breeding - Amount to feed in lbs/day|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture||4.25||5.75||7.0||8.25||9.75|
|Race Ready® Horse Feed (lbs/day)*|
|Very Heavy Work||8.00||10.50||13.25||15.75||18.25|
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program