Purina Ultium Competition Horse Formula
Purina Ultium Competition Horse is a highly researched nutrition for the high energy demands of hard-working equine athletes, allowing them to compete at their highest levels.
Formulated for equine athletes.
Ultium® Competition Horse Formula Product PDF
|Sustained Energy System®||
|Targeted Nutrition Delivery System||
|Nutrient and Energy-Dense||
|Reduced Starch, Higher Fat||
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget
Precise Amino Acid Profile
|Highly Fermentable Fiber||
|Balance of Vitamins and Minerals||
Ultium® Competition Horse Formula
Start with the amounts given for the weight and class of horse. However, individual horse variation may require feeding rate adjustment by plus or minus 10-15%. Therefore, the horse's body condition should be assessed at regular intervals (every 2-3 weeks) and the amount fed either increased or decreased to maintain the desired body condition.
Changes in diet should be gradual. A 7-10 day period should be allowed to reach recommended feeding rates. Further increases in feeding rate should not exceed one pound per day for an individual horse.
Always feed a minimum of 1 lb per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality hay and/or pasture.
Fresh clean water and salt should be provided free-choice to all horses.
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Moderate Work (pounds of feed per day)||5.00||5.50||6.00||6.5||7.25||8.0||8.5||9.25|
|Heavy Work (pounds of feed per day)||6.25||7.0||7.75||8.5||9.25||10||10.75||11.5|
|Very Heavy Work (pounds of feed per day)||9.25||10.25||11.5||12.5||13.75||15||16||17.25|
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program