Purina Strategy Healthy Edge Horse Feed
Health inside and out. A nutritional edge. Two things every horse owner wants for their horse, and what Purina Strategy Healthy Edge Horse Feed is designed to deliver. Nutrition that helps horses look amazing, feel great and perform at their best.
Purina Strategy Healthy Edge Horse Feed gives horses age 2 and older the nutritional edge needed to support nearly any lifestyle from recreation to performance to retirement. The combination of high-quality pellets and extruded Amplify® high-fat nuggets delivers a controlled starch and sugar, higher fat and fiber formulation with moderate calories and balanced nutrition. Made with only high quality, wholesome ingredients and extensively tested at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center, Strategy® Healthy Edge® horse feed is easy for horses to digest and hard for them to resist.
Feed Form: Pelleted and Extruded
Recommended For: Maintenance, Performance and Senior Horses
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget Supplement Added to Support Body Condition
Controlled Starch and Sugar with Higher Fat and Fiber
- For horses with moderate calorie needs, it helps maintain optimal body condition.
- For horses sensitive to soluble carbohydrates, it provides controlled starch and sugars.
Protein that Performs
Highly Digestible Fibers
Purina® Outlast® Supplement Added to Support Proper Gastric pH
|Copper (Cu)||MIN||80.00 PPM|
|Zinc (Zn)||MIN||280.00 PPM|
|Vitamin A||MIN||3000 IU/LB|
|Vitamin E||MIN||125 IU/LB|
|Selenium (Se)||MIN||0.60 PPM|
|Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF)||MAX||
|Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF)||MAX||
||||Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture* (lbs/day)||7.00||9.50||12.00||14.50||17.00|
||||Strategy® Healthy Edge® Horse Feed (lbs/day)**|
|Maintenance – Minimum Activity||2.00||2.50||3.25||3.75||4.50|
|Maintenance – Average Activity||2.75||3.50||4.25||5.00||5.75|
|Maintenance – Elevated Activity||3.25||4.25||5.25||6.25||7.25|
|Early Gestation (first 250 days)||2.75||3.75||4.50||5.50||6.25|
|Late Gestation last 90 days)||4.25||5.50||6.75||8.00||9.25|
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Feed at regular times - at least twice daily - with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse's teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.